His activities essentially encompass all matters related to the provision of legal counsel for French industrial groups interested in investing in Peru. He also performs functions as a representative in Peru for several of these groups.
He worked in French and US law firms (EY Paris, Andersen Legal, Lussan & Associés, Francis Lefebvre) where he practiced in areas pertaining to international corporate law.
Among the companies Mr. Guevara has counseled in Peru, are RATP, Pernod Ricard, Matière, Oberthur Technologies, Delta Plus, Soletanche Bachy, Maped, Boccard, Sagemcom, Clasquin and Bourbon.
Mr. Guevara also works as a professor at the Law Faculty of ESAN Institute, as a registered arbiter of the Arbitration Center of the Commercial Chamber of Lima, and as President of the French-Peruvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIPF).
Among the most recent investment operations carried out by the law firm, he has participated in the following:
Schedule of transactions
- Counseling for a French corporate group, pertaining to the purchase of all the shares belonging to a Peruvian fishing company, with over 1,000 workers.
- Counseling and assistance in the incorporation of subsidiaries and branches in Peru, of various European corporate groups.
- Counseling for a French company, world leader in the organization of events, pertaining to an international tender valued in 52 million.
- Counseling for a French company, European leader in the exploitation and maintenance of urban and interurban transport networks, pertaining to an international tender in Peru, valued in USD 5 million.
- Counseling relative to a tax scheme to be implemented by a French industrial group, pertaining to a public tender in Peru, with the Ministry of Transport and Communications, valued in USD 38 million.
- Counseling in tax law and implementation of a branch belonging to a French corporate group, pertaining to the execution of a supply contract concluded with the Peruvian government, relative to the manufacture of identity documents, valued in USD 4.6 million.
- Counseling for a French-Swiss corporate group dedicated to the agricultural and food sector, pertaining to the acquisition of industrial assets and running of an industrial factory in Peru, operation valued in USD 2 million.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate and Company Law
- Public Procurements and PPP
- International Inheritance
- Real Estate
- Harvard University: Negotiation Program for Lawyers (2014).
- Pontifical Catholic University of Peru: Revalidation of the Lawyer Degree (2005).
- Bristol University: Master in Laws (2001).
- Paris School of Lawyers: Lawyer Degree of the Paris Bar (1998).
- Sorbonne University of Paris: Master’s Degree in International Economic Law (1996).
- University of Rennes I: Bachelor in European Law (1995).